Saturday, January 06, 2007

Global Warming?

Today we broke the record. Officially, the high was 68F at the Logan Airport, easily beating a 62 degrees record set in 1913. Unofficially I recorded a 70.8F on my porch at the sun-setting 4pm. Yes, it feels like Spring, and in fact, my daffodils and hyacinths are making another early appearance. The two silly cherry trees have been blooming since Christmas. I am a little worried, but really can't complain about a very beautiful day.

On another note, I might really have a green thumb. This year I have successfully forced 3 amaryllises to form flower buds (that's a 50% success rate). I have grown four of them from seedlings. It was extremely fulfilling to see one of the babies blooming two years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

据说暖冬造成青蛙棕熊等动物提早结束冬眠...从而产生生存危机