Tuesday, January 23, 2007

WCRB 99.5FM

This morning while listening to my favorite Classical Music station WCRB, which has recently moved from 102.5FM to 99.5FM, I heard the good news from Laura Carlo that the WCRB website is back online again. This is very nice: I can find out easily what I have heard on the radio from their online play list again.

I remember many many years ago when I first arrived in Boston, WCRB website was the first website I had ever surfed (yes, that was a long time ago!). From there I found webcrawler (eons before Yahoo and Google) and it helped me find other websites. So many years have passed while the Internet has enjoyed an exponential growth, WCRB's market share has been falling (it once was the highest rated major market classical station in the country in 1995 and 1996) and it was sold to another management company last fall, and had to switch to a less powerful frequency. Thus is the fate of a classical music station. I feel sad about it. I hope it will gain popularity again.

Just my random thoughts today to commemorate my first surfed website. The nice thing about the growth of the Internet: now you can listening to live WCRB broadcasting online!

No comments: