Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick’s Day, Boiled Dinner #10

In this most Irish city of North America on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17), I have kept my tradition of going to H&R’s Boiled Dinner yearly. It was a little shocking to realize that this has been their 10th such party, and I have been going to the last 9 without fail. When this celebration first started, it was just for us adults, and now adults without children were asked to arrive 1 hour later to make room for cute babies and their parents. How time flies! I was glad to find out that I could still devour large amounts of boiled corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots in a short time. The corn bread went well with the beef and vegetables. Everything was really delicious. Oh, I have to mention the famous cupcakes. They were really yummy and would hit the right spot on your stomach.

IMG_3169_1 IMG_3170_1

I wore green today, just like most people at the party, to be in the spirit of Ireland, and in preparation for Spring.

1 comment:

Sword Angel (剑侠) said...

I want to enter into your blog world now --- so many delicious food :-)