Sunday, November 26, 2006

PDA

The PDA I had known was a "personal digital assistant", thus I was at a loss when the lab gossiped about two first-years PDAing. My boss explained that PDA meant "public display of affection". That was about three years ago, and now after encountering so many PDA incidents I almost forgot the first meaning of PDA.

The one that annoyed me was a couple in my Chinese painting class. Eventually I sent an anonymous email to the guy two weeks before the class ended, and they stopped doing it. I wasn't sure my email worked, for the girl simply stopped coming to class.

Earlier this week I bumped into the PDA couple from our floor in the lunchroom again. They've been PDAing for more than a year. I wish I were brave enough to tell them, "Hey you, get a room!"

I should consider myself lucky. At least I had not been shocked by a most intimate act of PDA like poor M experienced one fine Saturday at the early hour of 2am when he returned to work. I leave it to your wild imagination as to what could be the first thing he saw in the same afore-mentioned lunchroom after he happily stepped out the elevator, contemplating his next move in an effort to push the scientific frontier.

From Urban Dictionary, on PDA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you change or delete the labels "胡说八道"?

It is not suitable here.

Everything here is very beautiful.
Don't change your style.

J said...

which couple from the floor?

Sword Angel (剑侠) said...

This could be used as a sketch for some comedy seires such as " Seifeld ". Really Interesting.

Do you still remember a lot of PDA couples back in USTC? Really annoying in the classrooms.