Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bon Voyage

I met J by chance four years ago. One Tuesday afternoon I was running downstairs to go to the colloquium for I was a little late. On the fifth floor I met a pretty girl with bright eyes who was apparently looking for something. “Do you know where Building 10 is?” She asked me very politely. “I’m going that way. I’ll show you.” I thought she looked like a long lost friend. On our way to the colloquium, I found out that she was a friend of my long lost friend at PKU. Having similar background easily bonded us. I had fun talking to her about science and work. Sitting next to a new friend during the colloquium, I actually found that I followed the speaker perfectly, which is kind of rare I have to say.

History has a tendency to repeat itself. This Monday I found that I was sitting next to J again at her last colloquium. Four years have passed and the colloquium had changed time and venue, to a brand-new building which is much closer. J is now ready to be on her own, to start a new lab down south. I am so proud of you, J! I know you will do great, no matter how hard the transition might seem to be. You’ll be very brave. You have family and friends to count on.

我希望你会以“挥一挥衣袖,不带走一片云彩”来告别这个康桥。

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So long! and I hope she has fun no matter what.

troubadour said...

S, thank you for sharing such a sweet little story. Having friends is a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

I wish S to write the next sweet story in the near future.

Anonymous said...

nice

Anonymous said...

用IE可以看到
[if !supportEmptyParas]
[endif]
而用Firefox看不到。