Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pop Song of the Day

I am always years behind in the pop music genre. For example, today I have found out that I enjoy all the tracks in Eagles' album Hotel California. OK, this album is VERY OLD (it was recorded in 1976), so I am really really behind.

Also today, I accidentally came upon an already disbanded teenage Norwegian pop music duo M2M. This song, Pretty Boy, is quite appealing to my ears.



What surprised me is that, they have recorded a Mandarin Chinese version of it, called 美美少年!



WOW, they did really well singing in Chinese. 但是,我不敢恭维中文的填词,什么窈窕美眉之类的,酸倒我的牙齿,也太网络口语化了吧!

Anyway, I spent sometime listening to M2M's songs. Other than Pretty Boy, I also like The Day You Went Away. Now you see my pop music taste :)

2 comments:

troubadour said...

I've heard the English version before. They are actually quite good with the Chinese lyrics - the power of phonetic translation!

btw, why do I need to do the word verification for your page but not for J's when leaving a message?

troubadour said...

他们嗲嗲的唱法也很想亚洲那些少女明星:)