Friday, December 22, 2006

My First NBA Game

Tonight I went to the TD Banknorth Garden and saw my first NBA Game (or even any basketball game) ever. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it, even though my home team lost to the Philadelphia 76ers and neither team played that well. I realized why basketball is a favorite pastime:

1) Sportsmanship: work hard to win; work as a team; tactics, etc.
2) Cheerleaders (Celtics Dances) are hot. Many dances and costume changes.
3) Great entertainment:
a)) National Anthem performed by a 4-person choral in Colonial costume (the mic could have worked better)
b)) Trampoline Sky Riders were cool
c)) Aerobatics performed by Celtics Dances and assistants
d)) Really cool to see yourself on big screen, funnier when it's from a fish-eye lens
e)) Junior cheerleaders: girls and boys were great
f)) Everyday Hero: today's was an animal-rescue officer who led a cute black dog to the arena

Other things I saw:

1) Many ads
2) Many kids in the audience
3) Many kids involved in entertainment programs
4) Audience likes to make noise and chant "D-fense"
5) Sports photographers use Canon L lenses (gosh, those are EXPENSIVE)

Last but not least, I learned some of the basketball rules. Thanks to X for being a very patient personal commentator, who also taught me baseball rules.


Will I see another NBA game? Given the chance, sure. Maybe I should go see Yao Min in Houston :)

2 comments:

J said...

He's injured. :(

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!