Sunday, December 19, 2010

Raccoon Crossing

At 3:30pm this Sunday in the bright daylight, a raccoon was crossing Vassar Street at the Vassar/Mass Ave. junction. He was using the crosswalk, mind you, and was very elegant. People watched him in awe. My jaw literally dropped. I was the second car stopped at the red light. I watched him get to the east side of the street, briefly disappeared in a bush, then exit from the other side, walked on the lawn, then turned around the corner at that old police station building, the whole time with people watching him.

I saw flash going off. Where was my camera when I wanted it? I thought raccoons are nocturnal, but this one was definitely smart enough to get around in day time, and knew to use a crosswalk at the right time.

2 comments:

Bagwhatbag? said...

Love Liebestraum! Check out our blog: http://decking-it.blogspot.com/
With love, Deck Crew

fifa-munzen said...

Ich sah blinken Abheben. Wo war meine Kamera, wenn ich es wollte? Ich dachte, Waschbären sind nachtaktiv, aber dieses auf jeden Fall klug genug, um herumzukommen in der Tageszeit war, und wusste, ein Zebrastreifen zum richtigen Zeitpunkt zu nutzen.

fifa-munzen

FIFA Münzen