Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bryce Canyon National Park

On my way from Panguitch to Bryce Canyon, I got really excited when I first saw Red Canyon. You can see why: red rocks everywhere!

This lady rode a motorcycle. Her family were on their motorcycle vacation. Turned out that she and her husband visited China almost 30 years ago! She'd be really surprised to see the new China if she were gonna go now!


Till I got to the Sunset Point of Bryce Canyon National Park (oh I skipped the Sunrise Point on the way in), I realized that this was the real excitement of the day. My first sight of Bryce Canyon:
Hoodoos everywhere!


Sentinel (I think it might be the skinny pointy hoodoo on the upper left corner)
Thors Hammer
Navajo Loop Trail
flora

fauna. Ignore what's hanging on his behind. He is attempted by food. Bad tourists!
Two Bridges
The clouds that caught us in the afternoon

It must be really difficult to grow in this place!
This must be Wall Street:
Now we need to go up! Navajo Loop has 167m elevation change.
Looking down. Hmm, apparently I didn't align my lens hood correctly.
Hoodoos
More hoodoos
Lucky lunch
The (white) alligator! (on top)
Grottos
Bryce Amphitheater seen from Bryce Point: left
middle
right. Yes, it's a hell of a place to lose a cow! (Mr. Ebenezer Bryce's answer to what he thought about the canyon.)
Now the power of my Tamron 18-250mm lens. Here is the wide angle. There is a road crew working on the trail on the lower right corner. But can you tell?
Here is the telephoto. What are they doing with all these boxes?
Picturesque. Down there lies the little town Tropic, where Mr. Ebenezer Bryce used to live.
Silent City


Yovimpa Point, very close to Rainbow Point. It's raining out there, but no rainbow.
Young branch on a pine tree on Bristlecone Loop Trail. I must have missed the 1600-year-old pine!

Agua Canyon. The hoodoo on the left looks like a person's profile.
Natural Bridge
Deer at twilight
Thus ends my visit to the beautiful Bryce Canyon National Park.

No comments: