Thursday, December 01, 2005

Beauty is only Illusion


I got this in my mail today. Per my friend's instruction: look at these faces closely (real close); then step back, look at them from afar. What do you see?



I was really amazed at the trick my eyes played on me. Then I talked to the friend who sent me this. We took a drawing class together two years ago. She claimed that this perfectly illustrated our drawing teacher's point of "from afar (or when squinting) we see shadows; we see lines when we get closer". How come I couldn't remember our teacher ever said that? No wonder I can't draw well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well actually the teacher said that we should specifically looking for shadows because it is second nature to us to look at shadows. Our first tendency is to look at lines. But since your poor friend is near-sighted, she can only see shadows. :)