Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ottawa Tulip Festival 2007


I learned a little bit of history when I visited Ottawa for its famous tulip festival. Before I went, I asked myself why Canada, not Holland, can take such pride in its tulips. Here in the capital of the maple country, I learned the answer:

The great friendship between Canada and the Netherlands
(orange's the Dutch color!)

The Royal Family of the Netherlands sends 10,000 tulip bulbs to Canada annually as a symbol of friendship and gratitude for what Canada had helped in WWII:

1) Giving Crown Princess Juliana and her family refuge.
2) Liberating the Netherlands in 1945.

the Canadian Liberators
不止咱中国人觉得红色是革命和解放的颜色啊


The gifts of tulips has transformed the Canadian Capital. Today millions of tulips attract millions of visitors in May. I was one of them this year.

大美女们

小美女们 (in front of Beau Monde)

Bienvenue (Welcome)
you to
Ottawa







African Queen
名副其实的黑




Attila, Tres Chic

Mutant

Tulip Shuttle

Tulip Art, Major's Hill Park

Major's Hill Park, looking towards Parliament

Major's Hill Park, near the Art Museum

The Big Spider Sculpture in front of the Art Museum and a big church (in picture)

Photographing the Canadian Liberators

Man with Two Hats
Friendship between Canada and the Netherlands

1 comment:

Sword Angel (剑侠) said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

BTW, I want to say: "Happy ....",
You know what I mean.