Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My 360 Pixels on Nature.com


This picture is linked directly from Nature.com. It is only 60X60 pixels. I can't make it to display any smaller here.


Ok, this is actually about Milan's Graduate Journal in Nature, the most prestigious science journal that every scientist dreams to publish in (ok, there are also Science and Cell). I only found out that Milan has a column in Nature today, and he has already published two journals! Mmm, I wonder why I am always the last one to know this sort of things.

Milan is a very good writer. I had enjoyed reading his blog (Milog on my sidebar) back in the days when he regularly updated it. I remember telling him, "Maybe you should make a career in writing or editing or publishing." So I heard that Nature saw his blog and then asked him to contribute to a column. Well, I need to confirm this with the author, but for now, we'll believe that it did happen that way.

Checking out the page I saw a familiar picture. It looks like a portrait of Milan I took last year. And I remembered that he asked for that picture about two months ago. It all came together just like that! It is confirmed by the author that his picture on Nature.com is my work.

Oh wow! Now I have 360 pixels published on Nature.com. Too bad it is not credit to me. Too bad it is not my scientific contribution to the human kind. Still a long long way to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That makes you a Nature photographer!

allegro said...

Good pun! I like the title you gave me!