Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why I want to start a blog

Quite a few of my friends have blogs now. The nice thing about a blog is that you can write anything you want, and people can read and comment. And here, people can come from a broad range of backgrounds, some you know, some you don’t.


Last week I went through link to link to link and I found one entry of another college classmate’s blog. To my surprise, I found that he is also interested in Chinese landscape painting, and the paintings he posted were by the artist that my painting teacher admires most. Then I realized, a blog is a very good way to express oneself, to let people know one better. I should have my own, too!


Determined to create a blog, I went to blogger.com, which seems to be everyone’s choice. First I have to create a login. I felt like to use some music tempo that night. I started with “adagio”. Too bad, it was not available. Then I tried “allegro” (you see, I am getting faster), still not available. I was quite disappointed already. I didn’t want to just pick a random word from a dictionary any more. What should I do?


At that moment, I laid my eyes on the signed CD of Lang Lang’s Carnegie Hall debut. Why not try one of the pieces as my login? What about “traumerei” (dreaming)? It was not available, either! I was almost ready to give up that night before I decided to try a last one on “liebestraum” (love dream). And I got it! So now my blog is also named “liebestraum”. The music itself is a short piano piece by Franz Liszt, very romantic, delicate, singing-like. Since its tempo is poco allegro, con affetto, I will just sign my blog as “allegro”. That should fit very well.


So now you see, that was the origin of allegro’s liebestraum blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice article about your motivation to start a blogger.

I heard you are interested in "Da Vinci Code" too, why not put your thoughts about it ?